Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cardboard Victorian Playhouse







I started with a bunch of boxes and just started cutting.



      I used a big box as a base and went on from there....

      The bay window is a smaller box with one side cut off and flipped inside out so the brown side is showing. I used a knife to cut out the windows after drawing the placement on the back side with a pencil. I used the cut of piece to create it's roof then traced it's shape onto the big box and cut it out. 

     The front door is also an add on of a smaller box with two sides and the top cut off. I traced the shape of the smaller box onto the main box and cut that part out. I used the flap from the main box to come down to be it's roof. The door was from another piece I cut to size. I used a knife to cut out the door details. 

    The roof is made only with the original flaps of the main box (3 of them) I cut the edges of the longer flaps at an angle and taped the remaining flap to it.  (so the top is open)

    I attached all the pieces with duct tape! Lots of duct tape. I tried to tape from the inside when I could. 

    Both to add detail and hide some tape I put shingles on the roof. I made them with fleece I cut out a bunch of rectangles (with out being worried about exact measurements or neatness) and I hot glued them on from the bottom up.




1 comment:

  1. Must you have a 2 year old to justify building one??? too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete